Thursday, October 16, 2008

1st mangsa! -> Mr. Pot@Gurney Drive, Penang!

Place/Venue:

Mr. Pot @ Gurney drive



Environment

If you love seaside view, checking out cars passing by along gurney drive ( u may spot a few sporty cars and a lot of VROOM VROOM noisy cars also) and looking at strollers then this is a place for you to be. Oklah minus the Vroom Vroom, it offers a good strategic location for you to sit down, relax, enjoy the view, chit and chat with your friends and a good getaway after working hours of stress in your office and “boss”. I do go to Mr. Pot mostly everyday (now less d ...aihh economy boh sui ler) but the reason I’m at Mr. Pot is because of the relaxing environment. I’m quite fussy when come to place to hangout and all but I found Mr. Pot is my getaway from sun (in the afternoon) and traffic jam (during peak hours) The place is cosy, the chairs are comfy and the lightings are ease to the eyes (unlike some place I could get blind and practically people can see any tiny stains on my shirt) Oh yeah and it’s a good WiFi spot also if you plan to surf the net during free time (like me right now)

(Verdict: 7/10)



Beverage

Mr. Pot. I always wondered why they call that. Are they a Tea House place? Hmm I found out that their signature drink is their Mr. Pot White Coffee. It’s the white coffee which is famous. It’s good and the price if want to compare to coffee bean or starbucks, you can’t complain. One thing I like is that there’s no SERVICE CHARGE or GOVERNMENT TAX ! Bagus ! Bagus!

(Verdict: 6/10)


Service

Yes Mr. Pot is a nice place to hangout with friends and customers but we are very fussy when come to service. Reason it’s not that I want to bully the waiter/waitress but that’s just us. We pay for the service. As the place is nice and cosy but….the waiters I think they can improve a lot in presenting themselves properly. Try speaking English to them and they’ll be like huh? What? They do understand but have to put the slow mo effect into it. Their response time to take order is roughly about like….10 seconds? (non peak hours) and 20 seconds(peak hours) and the delivery of your order time would be hmm just say it’s quiteeeeeeeeeeeee slow . Do note that there are good waiter/waitress also so it’s somehow balanced (I guess)

One thing I got to praise is their boss. He is one of the friendliest boss I’ve ever met. He knows how to take care of his staff and his customers very well. A simple courtesy like “Hello how are you doing”, really goes a long way for the customers. I’m really impressed by his service and the way he runs the place

(Verdict: 5/10)

(Verdict for the boss: 8/10)



Marketing

The marketing here has improved a lot since my last visit here (2 months ago) especially on the areas of placing new small, and I do mean SMALL printout on the walls. If you really notice, you will see some small brochure on SOME tables as well.


I guess that what I expect, so nothing much to complain about here. I sure wish the waiter/waitress gave me more information on the new beverage and all, but oh well.

He has upgrade to a plasma screen TV from the FAT old fashioned TV and a mini library. Impressive. Bagus! Bagus!

Until the next episode

(Verdict: 6/10)



Overall Verdict: (7/10!)

It’s okla! A nice place to hang and WiFi Age here, (Or size if some people are sensitive) doesn’t matter here. Not bad! Not bad indeed…

.

Until Next Time !

(Hungry now, gonna get something to makan!)

No comments: