Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sri Ananda Bahwan @ Tanjung Bungah

Place/Venue:

Sri Ananda Bahwan @ Tanjung Bungah (opp. Crown Jewel Hotel)




Environment

I must say I was quite impressed with the place. One word....COZY! Their interior is (oowwhhh) relaxing to the eyes. One thing I really like is their tables and chair. They have one side of normal tables and chairs and the other looks like a hut with picnic tables and benches style. It really makes me feel like I’m on holiday. If you were to go during the day, you won’t feel hot as the place is QUITE cooling. I would recommend people to go there for a meal and chit chat with friends or even bringing clients there. I like the free WiFi there as well, one of the other main reasons why I find myself heading over to that place :)

Verdict: 8/10


Food

The food here is quite good la, I might say. They have a variety of food choices mainly Indian cuisine. They do even have American breakfast...hmm. You got to try their Chicken Butter Masala (its chicken + tomato spicy gravy + butter) and as for their drinks, try Mango Lassi. It’s thick (unlike some places I went to - so watery!). They have whatever you want in a mamak stall and the price is somewhat reasonable (can’t say much because they are near to hotels and all ) Oh yeah if you order kopi ais or any drink that you used to order in mamak stall , don’t be surprise if your drink is HALF THE SIZE from the regular mamak hangouts L. Their “papadam” that they used to give to customers for free last time is NOW RM1 for it! :( (I think people like me kept asking them to refill until they just had to charge lol)

Verdict: 6/10



Service

I think the staff here, performance wise - can still improve. They are quiteee friendly (most of them la), but can be improved to be better. Some of them just need to learn how to smile. Their response time to take your order and deliver quite fast lo, so if you are hungry no worries! The manager of the place is friendly. Like I said, a simple courtesy to the tables brings a long way and he does that to the customers. Well done!

Verdict: 7/10


Marketing

As for the marketing side, the staffs actually welcome you at the entrance. Now that’s what I call treated importantly! The manager is friendly too. Many people from various backgrounds and status chill here too. Only one thing is they do not have CCTV! I’ve kind of misplaced my hand phone last time and went back to search for it, they just told me sorry I do not know where is it and as for me things lost look at the CCTV and BUT! Aihhh, unfortunately they don’t have one. (Quite sad la) This place closes very “late tho”. As in “”…OMG! Common people! Its only 12 am and you’re closing up your shop!! It’s a Saturday night and I think you might be expecting people to chat and stay a little while longer don’t you? Well, not too good on that….

Verdict: 5/10



OVERALL VERDICT: 7/10

Well, overall it’s quite okay, for a quick meal or drink la…BUT to hang around till the early morning (which would be nice, BUT they don’t have that policy) really spoilt the mood. I mean, don’t they think of the young people?! Well besides that, it’s overall a good place! I like it! (Except the no-midnight hangout policy which really sucked for me). Besides that, go check it out! :)




1 comment:

J.J.C said...

I love the chicken butter masala!!! =D